This weekend Dad, Mom, and I went to Chicago. Father Jerry (the priest who married Mom & Dad) was celebrating 50 years as a Jesuit, so we went up to help him celebrate. Mom and Dad were excited to show me their favorite city and the zoo!!
On the plane! We flew on Frontier direct from Harrisburg to Midway.
Trying out earphones for the first time
On the El at Midway! I kept touching every surface around me -- mainly to see Daddy freak out about the germs and to see how many times Mom would anti-bac my hands... it was a lot. :)
My first view of the city!
Riding around after lunch. Mom and Dad decided that the Tula would be much easier than a stroller to navigate around the city; they were right!!
Mom: Lilly look at how tall that building is!
Me: Lilly knock it over!!
Dad brought me over so I could try... I was unsuccessful...
(This is the building she was trying to knock over...)
We got to explore Millenium Park while we waited for our room to be ready at the hotel
The view from our room
Outside Madonna Della Strada Chapel at Loyola
playing after mass --it only took 4 bags of fruit snacks, 2 bags of bunnies, a box of raisins and a water bottle to get me through mass :)
I got to meet Fr. Jerry at his celebration and I wasn't shy at all! He had on some Hawaiian leis that I really liked and I gave him a big hug! I hope I get to see him again!
The next day we went to the zoo. I fell asleep on the bus ride to the zoo and I wouldn't wake up!! Mom and Dad walked a little in the zoo, but when they realized I wasn't waking up, they took a stroll over to their old apartment.
new addition to the skyline since the last time Mom & Dad were in Chicago (it was just being built then)
Waiting for the bus to the zoo
The new Trump Tower behind the old Wrigley Building...
The old apartment!
Lincoln Park
I finally woke up and so Mom and Dad took me back to the zoo...
Meeting the polar bear (Mom and Dad's favorite)
dig a tunnah, dig dig a tunnah...
(Mom and Dad kept singing that when we were looking at these...I didn't really get it..)
I got to hear the lion roar!!
Watching the gorillas
checking out the Chimps
After the zoo, we went back downtown and grabbed Potbelly for lunch (yum!!). I liked to look out our hotel window, so I ate my lunch while watching the boats on the river.
After lunch, I took a little nap :)
After nap, we met Mom and Dad's friends Sarah and Mike and their daughter Sydney at an awesome park. We got to play in the water, go on slides, and swing. I had so much fun!
After we played for while, we went and had dinner at a nice restaurant with a roof top deck! It was fun to eat outside!
(I know -- it's not a great shot, but it's the only one we have)
Thanks for meeting us Sarah, Mike and Sydney!
eating my dessert in front of my window
The next morning we got up SUPER early and went to the airport. Mom and Dad decided to take a cab rather than the El. Our driver was great and took his time, as Dad and Mom were a little nervous that I wasn't in a car seat!
it's too early!!
My first cab ride!
It was a good thing that we took the cab because security took us forever!! First Mom got pulled because they had to test my apple juice and make sure it wasn't explosive. Then Dad got a full search and pat down (mom thinks the fruit pouches she had put in dad's bag may have been the culprit...). Luckily the TSA guys were super nice and we had plenty of time before our flight! (When Mom opened our checked bag when we got home, we saw that had been searched, too!! Apparently we were on the TSA's radar that day!)
No comments:
Post a Comment